SMETA is a global standard for preventing and addressing the risk of adverse impacts on human rights linked to business activity, and there is an expectation that businesses will identify how their activities impact on the human rights of people and communities within their sphere of operation.
As a result SMETA 6.0 includes an investigation into how Universal Rights are protected within global supply chains.
This course is designed to lay the basic foundation of the SMETA Auditing System and how companies can benefit from it. Topics covered includes:
- Overview of the SMETA methodology
- The SMETA Best Practice Guidance,
- Measurement Criteria,
- Drafting an Audit Report
- the Corrective Action Plan Report (CAPR)
- Updates within version 6.0
- Other SMETA tools for member organisations