This specialist in-house course is designed to assist executive management and individuals responsible for compliance to design, implement and manage an OHS management program. With the law in South Africa constantly changing, businesses need to keep abreast with the latest developments and adapt their internal controls accordingly in order to prevent criminal and civil charges.
This two-day in-house course takes an in-depth look at the legal requirements relating to Worker safety, Worker and public health, as well as the environment in which a business operates.
Who should attend?
- CEO’s and Directors
- Risk & Compliance Officers
- SHEQ Directors & Managers
- Health & Safety Representatives, officers and consultants
What is covered?
The program includes:
- An introduction to the South African Law
- Introduction to Interpretation of Statutes
- Introduction to OHS Law of Evidence
- The interaction of the rules of law and the OHS Act
- The interaction of Contracts and the OHS Act
- Other EHS Statutes are also looked at in this manner.
- Practical Working Group activities.
A working knowledge of OHS management systems and practical application of the various OHS Acts.
The workshop is ideal of SAIOSH Tech. or Grad. level practitioners.